Bilingual Marketing Consultant and PADI Master Instructor with an expertise in management, sales, and marketing. Customer service oriented team player with a strong belief in building solid community networks and keeping up-to-date with global trends. Robert is currently living in Bali since March 2011.
Robert is a former digital media executive. As founder & CEO of Raincity Studios, he spent the last decade working with emerging media and web technologies. As a photographer and citizen journalist he covered events including Olympic games in Turin, Beijing and Vancouver, Dalai Lama’s visit to Vancouver and rock bands and tech luminaries at SXSW.
Winner of a 2006 Canadian New Media Award, Robert created and taught several courses for Vancouver Film School and he was an advisor on various Boards. He participated in the Canada World Youth cultural exchange program as well as various social change workshops and training courses.
Now, Robert is following his dream; mixing digital media and scuba diving as he explore our Ocean Planet.
PROFESSIONAL DIVING QUALIFICATIONS
- PADI Master Instructor (2012)
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor (2011 – Blue Season Bali)
- PADI MSDT with trainer specialties in Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation, Project Aware, Project Aware Shark Conservations, Self-Reliant Diver, Sidemount Diver, Drift Diver, Digital Underwater Photographer, Diver Propulsion Vehicle, Deep, Emergency Oxygen Provider, Equipment Specialist (PADI and Aqualung certified), Fish Identification, Marine Resource Management, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Search and Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Underwater Navigator, Underwater Photographer, Underwater Videographer, and Wreck diver.
- Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer (2012)
- PADI Open Water Instructor (2010 – Buddha View Dive Resort)
- PADI Assistant Instructor (2002 – Utila Dive Centre)
- PADI Divemaster (Utila Dive Centre – 1997 – 2002)
- Tec Deep Instructor (2012)
- TecRec Gas Blender Instructor (2012)
- TDI Poseidon MK6 Rebreather Certified (2012)
- Completed over 200 PADI certifications from DSD to Assistant Instructor, including various specialty courses.
- Staff 9 full-tim IDC programs in English and French, assisting various Platinum Course Directors
- Logged over 2500 dives since 1988
- Managed various Project AWARE community programs, fundraisers and cleanups